What is Winter Trad?!
- 3 nights and 2 days of fiddles, flutes and guitars.
- 2 full days (10.30 - 4.30) of classes in either Fiddle, Flute or Guitar
- Sessions every day and night (Including a 6 venue Session Trail!)
- Opening party and Festival Club
- A Unique acoustic concert in the Chapel of Hogwarts!
- Some of the worlds best pubs!
- All in the heart of Scotland's capital city in iconic venues including George Heriot's School (Inspiration for Hogwarts!)
- Amazing guest tutors alongside your regulars Ross Couper and Tom Oakes
- Places are limited to avoid huge class sizes, so book now!
- If you don't play and want lots of music then there's a mini festival around the weekend too!!
- Winter Trad is not always suitable for beginners, however, if you're a fiddle player and ok with classes of mixed abilitiy then you are very welcome to come along and we'll do our best to make it work well for you.
- Some experience is necessary for Guitar and Flute classes though no need to have played in DADGAD before.
- Participants must be 18 and over. Afraid we can't afford all the paperwork and permissions needed for kids yet but watch this space! 16+ may be ok but a lot of our events take place in Edinburgh pubs and alas these have pretty strict rules. If that's ok then contact us and we'll see what we can do.
- Can I pay by cheque/bank transfer? Yes! Just contact us HERE and we'll email you details.
- Can I register for one day only? Yes that should be fine! Email us HERE to enquire. One day payments may be up in the store soon.
- Will there be sheet music or will we learn by ear? Both! We try and teach by ear at first but you'll get copies of the tunes written out and emailed to you after the weekend. You should bring a recording device of some kind and we'll make sure you get clear and slow versions of all the tunes on 'tape'!